Friday, September 11, 2015

Low Cal hot drinks


One of the things I miss when I'm on my diet is tea and lattes - I like hot drinks.  And whilst tea isn't very calorific, winter is coming (yay!) and having a nice comforting hot drink is part of the joy of the season.

So, in readiness for finishing the diet I've been looking for ideas for hot drinks I can have instead of lattes and hot chocolate.

The first I found, at only 30 calories a cup is Soy Chai Latte - I got addicted to chai whilst I was travelling so I'm very keen to find a low cal alternative.  Hopefully this is it.

Soy Chai Latte 

Chai tea bag in hot water
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp light soy milk

The next is as an alternative to mulled wine, which I love but it's loaded with sugar.  At a 100 calories a cup, and containing alcohol this really is one for occasional drinking or sharing with friends. 

Spiced apple cider
2 pints Apple cider
Orange zest
Whole cloves
Cinnamon sticks
Simmer for 5 Mins

I'm looking forward to trying both.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...