Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Happy times

I've tried to write this blog post a few times, both on here and in my head - hopefully this time I'll be successful.

It's not that it's difficult, more about timing.  But I feel I want to record what's happening at the moment, and that I'm happy.

The job isn't perfect but it's getting better (I don't feel so lost all the time), my living situation isn't perfect, but I like my room and now my landlady has gone off to France for six months Daniel (the other lodger) and I are getting on and the house is cleaner and more relaxed.

My friendship with Niamh (and Bubba!) is great, and my friendship with Liz is going from strength to strength (I love our long walks on Sundays).

The big news is that I've met a man - just when I was beginning to reside myself to being single (and actually enjoying it - isn't that always the way!?).

We met through a project we both volunteer for, he asked me out.  We've not been seeing each other very long, but it's going really well.

He's 10 years older than me, a civil servant, widower, has three children (one still loves at home), and we get on fantastically.  Our first date was 6.5 hours of talking!

We text each other a lot, it's like being a teenager again! I hope it works out.  More on that on a later date, I just wanted to record it.

In other news, and I've known for a while that this was going to happen, Colin and Samantha have got married!  In the States (Sam is American).  I'm really pleased for them, and I'm really pleased he actually looks happy.


Seems funny to end an email about me meeting someone with a photo of Colin's wedding! 

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...