We met in the morning in Tamper, which was lovely as the coffee is great, but hard as I couldn't have any of the fantastic food. We were joined by Siege's school friends Ellie and Jo.
A few months ago I'd introduced her to geocaching, so she'd decided that's what she wanted to do. We quickly found the one by the Hallam hubs (which I'd found before), then more on Leadmill Road, Farm Road and the Cholera Monument. We found ourselves at the amphitheatre park behind the station, where there was a feté.
Complete with coconut shy (both Ellie and Jo won coconuts), and hoopla. There were stalls of bric-a-brac, tea and cake, and a woman doing henna tattoos. I bought a metal tin from the 50s (I think), and an Observer book of Astronomy.
We then went up to Jo's absolutely gorgeous house near Norfolk Park for tea, birthday cake (not me), and to play a game that Ellie and Jo had bought Siege (they used to play it when they were children).
It was a lovely day.

No comments:
Post a Comment