One of the interesting aspects of being a westerner in China is the
seeming assumption by the Chinese about my (and other westerners)
religion.
There seems widespread assumption that all westerners are ‘followers of Jesus’ as a taxi driver put it to Rob.
When
we got in the taxi to the 798 Art District, the driver discovered that
Rob could speak Chinese and decided to lambast him about Jesus!
Most
Chinese (I’m told), have no religion, but they are extremely
superstitious. They will take particular note of omens, buildings have
to be aligned in the most favourable way, and they will make offerings
to gods and deities in order to affect a particular outcome.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...
No comments:
Post a Comment