Monday, June 18, 2012

Lacking enthusiasm

I started talking to the organisation in January about using some photos they hold. Everyone on my course thought I was being super keen and way ahead of myself - I knew I wasn't.

I went for a meeting, and after explaining my needs I was told it would be fine.

I just needed to identify an area, give a central grid reference and a radius, and they would order up the photos and scan them for me (I wasn't to scan them myself).

So after much waiting for them to get back to me, I finally got an email to say sorry, they actually needed the grid references of the corners of the study area - a month after I'd sent in the original grid references - it was now the end of May and I was worrying about time.

Second week of June I got the list - 3000 photos but with no info other than grid reference of the centre of the image, the height from which it was taken, quality (rating A to C, but with no further info), year and originating organisation.

I spent 3 full days whittling my selection down to 180 photos (they'd told me I could have no more than 200), I sent back the list.

They'd said it would take about 10 days to get the photos, and then a week or so to scan them (and this was a favour as I knew someone there!).

Then I got another email, one that has made me question continuing. It had been decided that due to complications with copyright I couldn't use 95% of the photos I'd been give in the list.

Why did they send me the list if the were going to make that decision? They've always known what I intended to do with them, I wasted 3 days going through a list that was of no use to me anyway!

I've totally lost interest, I couldn't give a shit anymore, and now don't think I'll have enough photos, and to top it off I don't think the system I was planning to use will work.



No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...