I'm so fed with being treated like a child, or an assumption being made that I have three brain cells - a number of the lecturers and academics have absolutely no respect for students.
I'm nearly 40, I've worked for over 20 years in various professions and industries - I have opinions and I'm able to think things through for myself - but the way that some of the staff speak to us you'd think that we were primary school children.
And never mind my age and experience, many of the other students are intelligent and interested - whatever their age and experience.
I wish that staff would show some respect for students - they may know more about certain subjects, they may even be world authorities, but that doesn't make them better people, nor does it mean that they have the right to look down on us in the way they do.
They expect us to respect them, I expect them to respect us in return.
3 comments:
Are you having a bad day?!? Just remember they give you your grades. Smile nicely at them and ask for some chocolate buttons!
True, they do give my grades - but I pay their wages (well, partly!)
It does sound like a bad day. But also remember they could read your blog which might not be to your benefit... Do as I do and keep your emotions under wrap till you become a bitter wizened old shell of a woman like me! It's great I tells you!! *Shivers and twitches*
Post a Comment