Sunday, September 05, 2010

SSRG vs CCR


This weekend I finally got to my first Roller Derby bout - wow! what a great day (despite the fact that I had a migraine).

For those of you who don't know what derby is, watch the video and you'll probably still not be clearer! It's an all girl contact team sport played on quad roller skates.

If you have a burning need to know the rules you could look at the information on this site.

The Sheffield Steel Roller Girls (my home team, which I hope to join sometime soon), were playing against Central City Roller Girls (from Birmingham). It was great to see a live bout, made the rules easier to get a grip on, although I still wasn't sure about some of the decisions that the refs made.

I can't remember the exact score, but let's just say that it didn't go well for SSRG - but there's always next time!

I had a fantastic day, but my head was pounding by the end of the bout and so I cadged a lift home instead of going to the after bout party.

Can't wait for the next opportunity to watch this sport, it's great fun.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...