I applied for the job on the Friday, only to receive an email response saying that they weren't actually recruiting at the time so would let me know. I accepted that it probably wouldn't happen - and booked a much needed holiday.
The day before I left I got a phone call asking me if I'd do a telephone interview, which was fine by me, but they'd have to wait until I got back from Cyprus.
Anyway, I did the phone interview and waited to here - a week later I got a call asking me to go to Newcastle for a face to face interview.
The interview occurred on the Thursday, and I was offered the job on the following Tuesday - so far so good. I accepted, but said that I'd need something in writing before giving a months notice - but I did give informal notice as they wanted me to start on September 7th.
I waited, and I waited. After two weeks, and three phone calls and a couple of emails later I finally got a contract - my last phone call I actually said that if I didn't have something in writing that day I wouldn't be able to start when they wanted.
However, reading through the contract I noticed two mistakes! I couldn't sign, and they had to send me a new one!!
Then I waited to hear, as instructed about my travel and hotel arrangements for my induction - had to be in Newcastle for 9am so that would require an overnight stay. I'd have preferred to arrange it myself but it seems that's not how it's done.
With a week to go my new boss called to see if it had been arranged, I said it hadn't and he said to leave it with him. Then two days later I got a call from HR, what arrangements did I need for the induction? I told them, but also said that my boss said he'd arrange it - so she said that she'd leave it. Then the next day an email and phone call against asking me about arrangements!?
Anyway it finally got arranged and the tickets arrived just in time.
Next came an email and call from the boss to say that HR had photocopies my driving licence incorrectly and so they couldn't issue my company car - you'd imagine that HR knew what they were doing - seems not.
Anyway, I've scanned and emailed my licence, and I'll be taking it to my induction just in case. I don't expect to see my car in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment