Friday, November 06, 2009

Sesame Street

When I was a child Sesame Street was one of my favourite programmes. I learnt alot from the programme, counting, the alphabet and of course a smattering of Spanish too!

This month the programme is 40 years old (only a few years older than me!) - many of the original characters are still on the show - Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, The Cookie Monster, and of course Kermit the Frog.

It's apparently a franchise now, and each different language version (it is shown in over 140 countries) reflects the issues of the culture whilst maintaining the core values of the original show.

What I really can't believe is that it's not been on British television since 2001! There is now a whole generation of children who have not seen the programme - how can that be right?

How can you not want your children to see this -

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...