Charlie in the office booked for a small group of us to visit (thanks Charlie), mainly to go inside the installation called 'blind light' - basically a glass room filled with fog. As you walk into the doorway within a couple of seconds the doorway is completely lost in the fog, and you can barely see your hand in front of you.

Gormley 2
Originally uploaded by TabascoKid. I understand that a lot of people feel really disorientated, lost and don't like it at all; but I really liked it and didn't feel lost at all as I seemed to always know which direction the door was. But the feeling was really interesting, and people seemed to loom out of the fog at you!
The other works are great too, Event Horizon has over 30 casts of his body on the tops of buildings across the nearby area of London; and then there was the Allotment II which I saw at Baltic in Gateshead a couple of years ago.

Antony Gormley -Allotment (1997)
Originally uploaded by puffin11uk. If you visit make sure you go in Blind Light, but upstairs there is another room that you can go in - but only 2 at a time so you'll need to queue for it. My favourite piece has to be 'Mother's Pride III', made from pieces of bread.

Bitten bread.JPG
Originally uploaded by Millieh.
No comments:
Post a Comment