Thursday, June 21, 2007

Life laundry!

Christina has helped me with a complete clear out of my wardrobe(s).

Over the years I think most people accumulate clothes, I've never been a 'follower of fashion' - I tend to buy what I like, or when it's necessary. Many of my clothes come from charity shops, but I'd also inherited quite a lot off Mum.

The result of this slow collecting over the last few years was that I'd managed to fill a large wardrobe in our bedroom, a chest of draws, two bags of ironing (if I iron it all it doesn't fit in the cupboard!) and then bits in two other wardrobes.

Having spent the day in town (via the Heeley Festival - not that interesting this year), Christina and I attacked my wardrobe. A few hours, a box of Cadbury Snaps and two bottles of wine later; we had 4 bin bags full of clothes and shoes for the charity shop!!

Christina was very strict, anything that didn't suit me, or didn't fit was out. Maybe now when (haha!) I do my ironing most of it will fit in the wardrobe and it won't be such a nightmare when I move out.

We didn't go out for dinner until about 10pm and then we ended up in Wasabisabi on London Road for Sushi - yum yum!

It's lovely that Christina makes the effort to visit us (she comes to see Fred as much as me), I wish people would visit more, but I guess that our house is not that 'visitor friendly' - I can't wait for when I move so that I can have friends to stay more.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...