Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The love of my life

I adore my husband, and of course he’s the love of my life - but I do love another.

He’s only seven years old, weighs about 6kgs and is a naughty little sod at times. 

But I love him with all my heart. 

His name is Tea, he’s a Miniature Pinscher (Min Pin) and he’s been in my life for two and a half years now. 

When Nick and I agreed that we’d get another dog, he and Flossie already had Lola the labradoodle, I knew I wanted a Min Pin.  I contacted Min Pin rescue but after a few months none were available. Until I got a call to say there was a red male in London needing a new home. 

Riley was living with a family who loved him very much, but with a toddler with ADHD and a new baby his owner felt he needed a new home. 

I visited - he barked his head off and tried to bite me!  So of course I fell in love!  Two days later I took Lola and Flossie down to London to meet him. They didn’t hate each other so he came home with us. 

He didn’t seem to respond to his name so it seemed like as good a time as any to change his name.  

I’d always wanted a dog called ‘Party hat’, which is of course ridiculous, so shortening it to ‘Tea’ made sense - and I do drink a lot of tea!

He’s definitely ‘my’ dog, and he knows it. He’s so cute it’s unbelievable. 

By the way, if you’re so inclined you can follow the dogs on instagram - @teaandlola


No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...