It's been well over a year since I posted on this blog, and to be honest I'm not sure what's brought me back to it - or even if I'll stay.
So much has happened. I'm now single, I'm currently unemployed (but more on that later), I'm staying with a friend (more on that too!), and I've been half way round the world and had lots of adventures. Yes, my life has certainly changed, and definitely not what I expected it to be at the age of 43.
I'm currently staying at my friend Niamh's house in Woodseats, sharing with her, her two daughters and Bubba the miniature pinscher. I've been here a couple of months and I really do enjoy staying here, Niamh has been fantastic and having a dog around is the best thing ever.
My house is currently rented out, and until I have enough money coming in each month I can't even consider giving my tenants notice (it has to be two months notice).
I got back from travelling at the end of March, and if I'm honest I was exhausted and I'd had enough. I just needed to recharge - although in true me style, I've not really done that and I'm certainly still in need of a rest! I visited India, Nepal, Tibet, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and Laos over six months. Nepal and Vietnam were my favourite and are both places I very much want to go back to, with the passing of time I've come to realise that I did enjoy India (at the time I found it very difficult), but when I return there (and I would like to), it certainly won't be on my own - it's too difficult as I lone female. You can read about those adventures (including being in Aberdeen for a month when I first got back) at Molls Travels blog, and as always there are photos but this time I've not really had a chance to sort them so the best place to look is actually Instagram.
In a week I'm going to be starting a new job, I have to admit to not being very sure if it's right for me, but that's mainly as I'm not exactly sure what the job entails! It's a multinational company with a European head office in Sheffield - out on the Parkway. For anyone not from this area, the Parkway is a dual carriageway which connects the city to the M1 motorway, off to either side are industrial parks, and that's where I'll be working.
This means that I have to buy a car for the first time in about 5 years, there really is no other way of getting there unfortunately. So, i've been looking around for a Peugeot (smaller than Gzu though), but I'm not going to commit to buying until I've got confirmation that I've passed all the reference checks.
They've required my work history and references from the last five years! and bank statements for the last three months, as well as photocopies of my entire passport (to check that I really have been travelling) and my degree certificates. They know more about me now than anyone. If I don't pass all the tests I can't have the job, and if I don't have the job I don't need (and can't afford) the car. So I'm waiting as long as I can before I buy.
Mid August I'll be moving out of Niamh's house into a shared house in Meersbrook. I'd like to move into my house but I also want to save up some money first (to pay for house repairs and also for a trip somewhere). So my plan currently is to stay in the shared house until at least the New Year.
One thing I'm going to miss more than anything is the dog - Bubba. As Niamh and her boyfriend are away for two weeks I've had sole responsibility for him. This means walking him twice a day, feeding him, and having him come and get into bed with me each morning for a cuddle!! I'm loving the walking, it gives me a reason to get out into woodlands (I love trees), as he loves to run around in the trees - watching him just makes me grin from ear to ear.
![]() |
| Best mates |
![]() |
| Good morning from Bubba! |


No comments:
Post a Comment