Whilst I was travelling I made a few plans for when I got back to the UK. Get a job, move back into my house, meet a man, and get a dog!
In the last few weeks I've been reminded why getting a dog is so important to me. I've been dog sitting for Niamh, and basically Bubba has been my constant companion.
Since I haven't been working my days have fallen into a lovely routine (for the first time in my life); get up and make tea and breakfast, let Bubba out and go back upstairs, Bubba comes up and gets into bed with me (under the bedspread, I won't let him under the duvet, but he wants to!), after a shower it's time for Bubba's first walk of the day.
He loves bouncing round woodlands and so we either walk to Graves Park or go in the car to Ecclesall Woods.
The rest of the day we hang out together if I'm staying in, or he gets up to whatever dogs get up to whilst I'm out (sleeping!).
Early evening is another walk and then dinner for us both. If I'm reading or watching telly afterwards he comes and sits on me or next to me.
Most nights he sleeps at my feet or next to me.
Yes, I'm really going to miss him :)
So, as soon as I move back into my house (likely to be the new year) I'll be looking to get a dog. Probably a miniture pinscher (the same as Bubba) or a whippet. I can't wait!!




No comments:
Post a Comment