It hasn't been long, and I'm happy being single, I don't want anyone else......BUT I don't want to be on my own forever.
Which brings me to my next thought - should I start looking for a partner? I don't feel ready yet, but all the evidence suggests that meeting someone in the digital age is hard, and time consuming......and I'm not getting any younger.
In a few months I'll be 42, and whilst I'm told I don't look or act my age (whatever that means), and I certainly don't feel it; men seem to be attracted to younger women.
For years I've gone out with loners, men who had few friends (John, Colin and Rob); which means I don't have a collection of couple friends or a massive social network (since leaving derby I've realised how many people I thought were friends really aren't) - I'd like to make new friends.
I'd like someone to share my life with, to visit friends with, walk the dog with (yes I want a dog), to go on holiday with .... for various reasons my partners in the last 15 years haven't been able to give me this.
I don't for one minute think those 15 years were wasted, what I got from each of the men I was with was what I needed at the time (including space, freedom and independence) - but I need something different now.
I need a partner who has something else in his life other than me and his work. Someone with friends and hobbies to share with me, someone to share my friends and hobbies with.
And although I'm not ready yet, I do wonder if I should be looking, actively looking? I'm not getting any younger, and there are so few opportunities to meet someone that perhaps I should be open to all possibilities?
No comments:
Post a Comment