So, I'm currently unemployed (work atthe university has dried up for a while), and looking for work.
These days I'm told it's important to have an upto date LinkedIn account, so I have. There's a facility on there for colleagues to 'recommend' and 'endorse' for different skills.
You need to ask for recommendations, but have no control or say over what people actually write (although you can choose not to publish it to your account).
Every now and again I ask for recommendations, some people ignore them, others try to pass the buck (I've repeatedly had a message off someone who says they will ask my ex line manager to write it (but that never happens) - not really understanding that I'd like 'their' recommendation - they worked with me too!).
Anyway, the two above have recently been written, and they made me feel good.
I just wish I had confidence that prospective employers actually read these things?

No comments:
Post a Comment