Monday, January 27, 2014

Disgusting

Have you seen the latest billboard 'adverts' from the NHS?  I'm not going to put a picture on here, if you haven't seen them google it.

Their aim is to educate smokers and to try and persuade them to give up smoking, the image of bloody tar dripping from the end of a lit cigarette is disgusting, upsetting and unsettling.

But does it work?  I have no data on this but I doubt it.  Similar images have been on cigarette packets for a few years now - but people still buy them.

Most of the few people I know who are stupid enough to smoke are also intelligent enough to know that it's likely to kill them in the long run (I make no apology for the use of the word stupid here - smoking is fucking stupid).

Surely the best way to stop people smoking is to either make it illegal or tax it so much that people can't afford it - think of the millions that would be saved in healthcare.

The posters make me feel sick, I don't see why I should be subjected to them.

Rant over.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...