I honestly think this model could work in the UK - with the correct
health and safety checks, and clear process management - tonight’s
restaurant could be brought to the UK as a novelty. It’s certainly very
popular here.
When you arrive you’re handed a washing up bowl and a
set of tongs. You then fill your bowl from the racks with things you
want to eat - veg, noodles, meat, fish - load it all in your bowl and
take the whole thing to the cash desk.
The bowl is weighed and you
pay according to weight,(root veggies weigh more than green leaf!),
saying if you want spicy or not, a number is clipped to the bowl, and
you get a corresponding number and find a seat.
The bowls are piled up and sent into the kitchen for cooking.
When
your number is called you pick up your dinner - a bowl of freshly
cooked soup containing all your ingredients. You also grab cropsticks
and a little bowl of spices or sauce to dip in.
Despite asking for non-spicy, ours were still a little too hot for my comfort but it all tasted fantastic.
The
place was rammed, there were even people taking theirs away in carrier
bags (not in a bowl, just the whole lot poured into a plastic carrier
bag!!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...
No comments:
Post a Comment