Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dash for the line

There’s nothing like other people around you running to make you want to run too!!

In order to get back from where Rob lives (and we meet for food), and where I’m staying I have to get two subway lines, first line 13 for four stops, then line 2 for three stops - and it’s between these lines that the dash occurs.

When the train arrives into Xizhimen, which is actually a terminus for the line, people explode out if the carriage like rockets and literally throw themselves across the station.

I’ll admit that there’s a bit of a walk between the two lines, but honestly you’d think people were running for their lives!

The only explanation can be that they’ve got a bit of a distance to go on line 2, and that they need to cover it before the service closes.

Either way, the dashing is infectious!   Anyway, since I don’t know what time the last train is (it’s soon), I joined the dash!!


No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...