Wow I'm exhausted, but I've had an amazing few days.
Whilst Lucie was staying with me she mentioned that her flat near Pere Lachaise in Paris was going to be empty in July and suggested that I might like to use it.
So Zommers and I booked flights (nearly £250 cheaper than Eurostar), and we've just spent three days pounding the streets and looking for street art.
We arrived late on Sunday and settled in, I felt a little bad as there was only one bed but Zommers said she could sleep anywhere and took some cushions on the floor (with my shoulder there was no way I could sleep down there).
We've spent the last two and a half days wandering the streets of Montmartre, the Latin Quarter, and Belleville mainly looking for art - and we've found some cracking stuff.
We ate lunch of bread, cheese and salad sitting in the shade in parks as the temperature has been over 30 degrees most of the time. We stopped for a drink every now and again, and rarely used the metro.
We were going to visit the Lourve but the queues were massive (how different to last time I came), so instead we hit the natural history museum (palaeontology) which was the best €7 ever spent!!
For breakfast each morning I popped down to a local bakers for croissant which we had with jam, tea and juice in the flat before leaving for the day.
I've got blisters and my legs ache, we must have walked miles, often in the blistering heat - Jamie has managed to get sunburnt ankles!!
I think Jamie has enjoyed her first trip to Paris, despite near refusing to speak French (she has a B grade GCSE from about 10 years ago, I have a F grade GCSE from 25 years ago!!), and the overwhelming smell of piss across the whole city!
We're on the train back from Liverpool now, our flight was delayed in Paris for two hours with a technical fault so we missed our train. Luckily on both trains back (we had to change at Manchester) the ticket inspector allowed us to use our tickets (saving us having to purchase new ones at £30 each).
I've put the photos in two sets on Flickr, one for street art, and one for everything else!!
I've put the photos in two sets on Flickr, one for street art, and one for everything else!!

















































No comments:
Post a Comment