The Belles (including me) were playing Nottingham in a rematch, the last time we'd played was last year at our first ever bout (we won). So the tension was high, and we were all very excited.
The day went really well, by the end of the second half we were winning 114 to 66, but we'd been taking things easy (not holding their jammer back as long as we should, and not being as defensive as we should have been), our bench and line up manager gave us a talking to.
![]() |
| © Jason Ruffell |
We won the second half too - but our penalties were amazing, Pip ended on five majors!! Siege and I spent most of the second half sitting on three minors each. I'd been doing a little jamming but that had to stop.
At full time we'd won 218 to 158.
But the score wasn't the highlight of the day for me. For me the highlight was the fact that Emma and Gee had brought Iver and Imogen over for the day. I'd missed Imogen's birthday, and so it gave me the chance to give her her birthday present - I was more excited than her!
I'd been given permission to give her her first pair of rollerskates, with pads and helmet of course. Since she'd seen me in my kit, it was fab to see her wearing hers, and she was grinning from ear to ear! I'm told she even wanted to sleep in them that night!
![]() |
| © Jason Ruffell |
But the weekend declined rapidly after that for me. Zommers and I went home to get changed for the after party, but whilst she was having a shower I started to feel really ill. I went to bed instead of going out - thinking it was just exhaustion or a mild case of concussion as I'd hit my head during warm up.....if only it had been.
At 9.30pm I was vomiting - winter vomiting bug had struck and I felt like I was dying. Poor Liz had to put up with a very pathetic phone call, but I made it back to bed, sleeping a little until the morning. Obviously no skating for me on Sunday, and work is looking dodgy for this week (if I gave the bug to any of our clients it would kill them).

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment