Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stepping up

As you'll know, I've been a Belle since the team started (September 2011), and very proud of the fact.

But in the last few months I've been feeling that my skill level has peaked, that training on a Tuesday is no longer pushing me, most weeks I don't even work up a sweat, and with new people (people who have recently passed minimum skills) regularly joining sometimes I feel I'm not learning as much as I want to (although that's my fault not theirs).

Going over skills is great, but I'm often left wanting more.

For the last few weeks I've been getting it! Myself and three other Belles have been asked to make up numbers for an Allstar team at a tournament this weekend.

So this meant a temporary training change to wednesdays. I've been loving it!

The sessions start with an intensive warm up, followed by some REALLY hard endurance - which I love.

15 seconds each of mountain climbers, plank, get up lie down and fast lap; then 30 seconds, 45, 30, and 15 - followed quickly by laps of stepping, fast laps of teams breaking through and walling, wrecking ball drills, 2 minutes as jammer......and then some scrimmage.

But there's a problem with all of this - next week I'll have to leave it all again and go back to Tuesday training. I'm really going to miss it.

It's made me even more determined to make sure that I get picked as a crossover for the next roster (end September), so I can more regularly train on a Wednesday.

But first we have a tournament to win! Although if I'm honest I don't expect to play much, if at all.









No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...