I don't know when it was, but it must have been in the early 1980s as we'd just moved to Gloucestershire and Mum and Dad were still together, we were travelling somewhere and passed through the village of Nimlet.
Ever since 'nimlet' has been shorthand in our family for 'I love you', I'm not even sure why! - mainly used by Richard, but all of us adopted it. Now of course there is only me and Richard left to use the word.
Last time Richard stayed he left a message on my bathroom mirror, which I didn't notice for a while and which I left there for weeks - Nimlet written in the steam on the mirror. I loved seeing it there everytime I had a shower, it's gone now.
Today I was having a clear out in the spare room and found an old whiteboard, guess what was written on it?
PS. I looked up Nimlet on Google - the first entry made me laugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment