I've always been more interested in vampires than zombies, but who would pass up the opportunity to take part in the making of a short zombie film??
So when the team decided to make a promo for the next bout along with our boys team, and the theme was zombies (the boys) vs. rollergirls (us), I had to be there.
Not only did I want to be in the film, but also photograph the shoot. I was given a small part, where I had to attack a zombie with a baseball bat! And John came along for the shoot to take photos.
I can't begin to tell you how professional it all was, not just the filming, but the make up and the costumes too. For the shoot I was in we has four zombies, their leader 'Dr Blocktipus', and myself and Maid of Steel as the two rollergirls.
Lots of hanging about, lots of amazing photo opportunities, and lots of fake blood -loads of it! Anna who did most of the make up also made the blood and apparently the main ingredients were beetroot and glucose.
John got some amazing set piece photos, and loads of behind the scenes stuff.
We spent a few hours shooting in an amazing abandoned graveyard on the other side of the city - with kids on trail bikes screaming past every ten minutes! I got bitten to pieces, and by the next day my legs were extremely swollen - but I wouldn't have missed it for the world, and the next evening went back for more.
Friday night the filming moved indoors, which was good as the weather turned nasty again (our night in the graveyard was the one evening that week when it didn't pour with rain!). The House Skate park in Neepsend allowed us to hire the park from 9-11pm.
We arrived at 8pm, and started makeup and set up - much to the amusement of the skateboarding kids! We then spent the next few hours filming, and in my case taking photos (John was working at an event so couldn't attend). We ran over a little, but the guy who runs the place was so lovely, even making us all tea and bringing it out on an old skate board!
I'm so pleased with the images, my last shots taken with me lying on the floor with four zombies advancing on me! More photos to follow when they've been officially released.
You should watch the film, it's F**KING AWESOME!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...



No comments:
Post a Comment