Don't let
anyone tell you that students have an easy life - not after the week from hell
I've had.
It's
Friday and the last day of a week of block teaching; five days of lectures and
labs, each starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm. Yes, yes I know it's the same as a working
week (I've done my fair share of those), but the difference is the lack of
control over what you are doing, the need to concentrate for hours at a time,
and the pressure of knowing that you can't just go and make a cuppa or if you
are ill you can take some time out and catch up later.
And it's
this last fact that has been the killer for me.
On Tuesday it started with a sore throat, but Wednesday I was feeling
very weak and tired, by Thursday it was a raging cold with cough, sore throat,
streaming nose and aching all over. I've
not slept properly since Monday, and I'm exhausted.
Literally
I've been going to lectures and sleeping - little else. I don't think I've taken much in in the
lectures, and although I've done everything in the labs I was just following
instructions, not really knowing why I was going any of it.
Christina
is supposed to be coming to stay this weekend, it I don't think I'm feeling up
to it. I'm going to make a decision
later, but at the moment I just want to hide under my duvet for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment