Wednesday, March 02, 2011

True grit



John and I had two free tickets to the showroom cinema from when we joined, we'd been saving them for a 'worthy' film.

Although we weren't sure, it seemed from all the hype, and from the fact that the Coen brothers were responsible, that True Grit would be worth it.

We were correct, but with Jeff Bridges in the lead role I wasn't that surprised.

Most people know the story of the 14 year old girl who hires a bounty hunter to bring in the man who killed her father. The girl who plays the 14 year old was fantastic, and it was her first film; I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of her.

The scenery is amazing, and the whole thing made me want to read more about 19th century America - the wild west!

I'm sure I have seen the original, probably on tv one Sunday afternoon many years ago, but I don't remember so I'll definitely be searching out a copy.


No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...