Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Hell on the M60

Most people know that I'm not really one for shopping (unless it's charity shops), and that shopping centres are places I tend to avoid.

So I can't say I was exceptionally pleased when my boss suggested that we meet at the Trafford Centre for our monthly one to one.

Yep, the photo above is actually of a shopping centre, here in the UK! (fake) Marble staircases, chandeliers, columns, palm trees......hideous just doesn't describe it.

We met in the food court, if you can call most of what was on offer 'food' - I wanted something healthy. I was reduced to a choice between 'spud u like' and a salad from McDonalds!

Who visits these places? Actually I can answer that question myself - most people do! I guess I'm just weird or something. The only shop that I found vaguely interesting when I had half an hour to wonder round was the Apple shop.

I managed to escape the whole experience without spending a single penny!

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...