Monday, July 14, 2008

Who thought this was a good idea????


Who thought this was a good idea????
Originally uploaded by MollsMusings.

Obviously I'm not from the States, and therefore cannot claim to have any indepth knowledge of the Presidential Elections and the silliness that is going on over there (although I'm under no illusion that most of the citizens of that country know (or care) that much about it either), but this cover of The New Yorker magazine has astounded me!

How could they think that depicting Barack Obama in Muslim clothing, and his wife as a terrorist with the US flag burning in the Oval Office fireplace and Osama Bin Laden's portrait over the mantelpiece would be a good idea??????

Anyone who reads my blog often and knows anything about John McCain would know that I think it would be terrifying if he were to follow the great idiot (Bush) into the White House, but I can't believe that even he could think that this was a good idea.....

Apparently the magazine say it is a 'satirical lampoon'.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...