I know this won't be news to my friend 'Glamgirl', but knitting is definitely back in fashion (did it ever go away?).
Knitting patterns are selling like hot cakes on Ebay, and everyone seems to be at it.
Some of the girls at work go down to the common room at lunch and sit and knit, even Liz and I have had a go at knitting plastic bags!
Today on 'Women's Hour' there was an article about W.I. members going into a school in the North East to teach the children to knit in return for lessons on the computer! What a great idea, I wish we'd had something like that.
The kids sounded really enthusiastic about it and really loved the knitting and the interacting with the ladies.
I've got some needles somewhere, and maybe some wool, and I know how to knit - but I never learnt how to cast-on.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Knitting is the new rock 'n' roll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...

1 comment:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/cast-on, casting on might be easier with this.
Post a Comment