I bought my house in 2007, it was my first house (and will probably be the only one I own in my life - except perhaps if Nick and I move at any stage and get a joint mortgage).
Recently I let it out to a couple of lads, and so I had to inform the mortgage company that I wasn't living there and that it would be let out long term - cue MORTGAGE NIGHTMARE!
Firstly my current mortgage company told me that they required me to apply for a 'buy to let' mortgage, which is totally fine......but then they told me that they would not give me one!
So, after phoning a few mortgage companies I was told that because I do not own the house I'm living in (it's Nick's house and I'm not on the deeds) I was not eligible for 'buy to let' - so what were my options? I was told to either move back in or sell the house!! Neither were going to happen.
I phoned Which? mortgage brokers and got them on the case.....and finally they found a single mortgage company who would take me. So I payed the £399 brokerage fee and we started the application.
I'd like to say it's been simple but it's been a bloody nightmare! Mainly as I got married and haven't changed all of my identification documents. My passport and driving licence are still in my maiden name as we are going on holiday to America and the tickets were booked in that name, and also as I was informed that I should keep everything in one name until after I returned as US officials can't cope with name changes.
So I made the mortgage application in my married name, and gave ID and a copy of the marriage certificate - so far so good.
I was told that they had everything they needed......and then days before I leave the country for a month I get an email asking for certified copies of my driving licence, passport and marriage certificate.
This afternoon I took a few hours out of work to get the driving licence and passport certified in the post office in the centre of town (the only post office in the whole city that can do this service), and also discovered that it's not possible to get them to certify a Marriage Certificate.....and the solicitors have said in their letter that I shouldn't send an original as it would NOT be returned.
I'm so frustrated, I've spent the best part of today trying to sort this out and trying to contact them. Not only to they not answer the phone (I've left 3 voice mails), they actually haven't even given me a postal address to return the forms to!!!
Talk about annoyed! Anyway, I'm going to send what I've got and then forget about it until I return after my holiday. I'm not giving it anymore headspace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...
No comments:
Post a Comment