Monday, January 25, 2016

My awards for 2015


I saw this online somewhere, I can't remember where.  Some guy gave awards each year, I thought I'd do the same.  These are mine for 2015.

  1. Favourite New Person – This one's a no brainer, it has to be Nick, my lovely boyfriend.  We met in July through the Real Junk Food Project, and in September he asked me out - four months later we are madly in love! 
  2. Most Improved Friend – This has to go to Niamh.  We've known each other for a while through other friends, but last year she really saved my sanity by allowing me to live in her house, and allowing me to become Bubba's second mum!
  3. Best Memory – talking until 3am on first date with Nick!
  4. Most Exciting Moment – arriving in Vietnam.
  5. Most Frightening/Worst Moment – Two came very close together (in same week).  Finding out that Liz has terminal cancer, and being told that Jon Humble had committed suicide.
  6. Miscellaneous Award – to my little brother, Richard, who I know would really be there if I needed him.
  7. Family of the Year – A late entry here, but without a doubt it has to be Nick's children, and his wife's family.  Only nine months after Eleanor passed away they accepted me and welcomed me into their family - their generosity has completely blown me away.  I feel so lucky.
  8. Place of the Year – Vietnam.  I started the year in Goa which I'd grown to hate, so I guess wherever I went next would have been good - but, I couldn't have wished for a better place.  I loved Vietnam, the places, sights, sounds and people.  I can't wait to return.
  9. Song/Film/Game of the Year – Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson because it makes me smile and is great to sing along to!  Film has to be 'The Lady in the Van' as it was brilliant.
  10. The 100% Clare Martin Award –  to my best friend Liz, who puts up with me and puts me straight - I don't know how I'd cope without her.
  11. Best Virtual Person – Neil Davis - although I have met him in real life, he's basically a FB friend.  He's always quick with a virtual hug or words of encouragement. 
  12. Most Significant Blunder – taking a 'corporate' job just because the money was good.
  13. Greatest Life Lesson – Listen to your heart.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...