Her choice, I don't have a problem with it as such, but I do dislike sitting next to her when she really does smell disgusting (do smokers really not realise, or do they just not care?).
So I was interested in the news today when I heard that Notts County Council are thinking of banning all smoking during working hours (including breaks). The ban will be in all buildings (which should have been the case for years any way), all land and vehicles, and include e-cigarettes.
I've often thought about this when I've shared offices with people who smoke - why should they get to have three or four five minute breaks each day, when non-smokers don't?
Years ago I worked in an office that had a smoking room (yes I'm that old), and colleagues would disappear in there for twenty minutes at a time, socials would be organised and gossip exchanged - those who didn't go were often the last to know what was going on. I guess at least now smoking breaks are shorter as they have to stand outside!
Anyway, I allow myself 'Facebook' or 'blogging' breaks instead! It's certainly more healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment