I'm at Richard's for a few days, and of course enjoying wandering the streets of London!
Last night on the way home I picked up a copy of The Evening Standard, and when I got in I was flicking through. A section called 'what Londoners are reading' (or similar) caught my eye - the author's name of the last book (the 'dark horse') gave me a massive surprise and made me reach for the iPad!
For those who don't know (and to be honest although I was with him for years, most friends didn't meet him), Rob is an ex-boyfriend!
He wrote (very good) short stories when I was with him, and always wanted to write a novel. I encouraged him but honestly questioned if he'd ever get round to it - seems he has!
We popped into Foyle's to look for a copy, only for it to be the first book I see - it's up for an award! I got a signed copy, that's very weird!
Guess I'd better read it now!


No comments:
Post a Comment