Thursday, November 28, 2013

Quizzes with professional gamblers

It’s been a strange evening. First I met Rob for dinner (and transferring of photos to his laptop and my hard drive), then his friend Will invited us to a pub quiz.

But when we got there Will didn’t show up, but Jessica did. We joined forces with a professional gambler from East Sussex called Angus (you couldn’t make it up!!).

I stopped drinking after two beers, but Jessica bought more - I didn’t have more.

The subway stops quite early and I’m not doing taxis (I can’t afford it and I’ve heard far too many horror stories), so when I left them at 10pm we were in second place!! With the music round next I left Angus, Rob and Jessica to it - I hope they do us proud!! Our team name was ‘British bulldogs’, not a name I was comfortable with, but I think we were amongst a minority in the bar - the majority were American.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...