I'd been thinking about this for a while, but couldn't get my tattooist to reply to my messages - so I gave up and booked with Thou Art in town.
I have to admit to being nervous, not about having a tattoo (I've done that enough times), but about him not doing a good job.
I need not have worried! I LOVE the colours so much. I'll have to go back and have the older leaves smartened up a bit to match when everything has settled down, but it's perfect.
For years I resisted getting a more visible tattoo as Mum had always hated them, and kept saying that 'i'd never get a job' if I have visible tattoos. But times have changed so much, and at 40 I think any job I get now should be based on my ability to do the work not on what ink I do or don't have on my skin.
Anyway, with a tshirt on it's still not visible, and since I dislike my upper arms so much (bingo wings!!), they are rarely on display - usually just at skating or if I go swimming. Even when I wear a summer dress I usually have a blouse or cardigan on too.
Richard will hate it (his only comment on FB when seeing the photo was 'OMG!!! SARAH'), but I love it, and even John quite likes it (and he hates tattoos!).
No comments:
Post a Comment