Monday, January 28, 2013

Good Vibs


Pip puts me to shame, I wish I had half her vision and drive. Her father died of cancer a while ago (about 18 months I think), and since then she's pledged to raise £10,000 for two cancer charities Macmillan and one related to the particular cancer her dad had).

She's organised pub quizzes, bake sales, and last weekend the mother of all events.

Good vibrations this weekend was an amazing night in Sheffield. At Skate Central she assembled a fantastic line up; SSRG intraleague mini bout (of course the Death Leopards won!), a bar, three DJs, two bands (including Carmen Ghia and the Hotrods), roller disco and vintage themed market.

All money raised going to the charities. She hired out her own dresses, had merch made, sold advertising space in the programme - you name it she did it. And she has a full time job.

The woman is amazing.

The night raised over £3600, and everyone had a fantastic time. I don't know what she's planning next, but with all the work that went into this event, I hope she has a break first.



No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...