Monday, October 08, 2012

Fun but tiring weekend


This weekend has been lots of fun, but totally exhausting! On saturday we held our very first public intraleague - and to say I was excited is putting it mildly!!

Unlike our usual bouts, this one was an evening event with a DJ, a bar and lots of dressing up! The build up had really played on the two teams being against each other - Death Leopards (including me) and the Steel Panthers.


We had t-shirts made, and each team had a flag. Zombie and I had made cut out leopard ears to go on everyone's helmet and we had leopard make up too.



It was really important that the public had a good time, as well as a chance for us to have a good time and let off stream the event was hopefully gong to be a way to raise money.

The turn out was brilliant, lots of people who'd never been to roller derby before, and the bout was AWESOME! By the end of the first half the panthers were winning, but we just lulled them into a false sense of security to take the lead in the second half - the scores were pretty close all the way through but the Death Leopards were victorious!! I have no idea what the score was as it really didn't matter - it was just for fun!

Afterwards we had queue jump tickets for Corporation - and things get a bit hazy for me!
I drank a ma-hoo-sive amount of Jack Daniels and did a lot of dancing! I vaguely remember going home!

The plus side to sticking to Jack, and not mixing my drinks, is that I didn't have a hangover at all - up at 8am the next morning, brunch at 11, skating at 4pm - and I even stayed for the boys session!!



No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...