Today I have been reminded of my mum rather a lot.
Working with my aunt means that I'm often reminded of Mum, although they weren't very alike, it's a connection, probably the closest I have to Mum other than Richard.
But mainly today it's been birthdays and socks.
Firstly, today would have been Mum's 66th birthday - I really can't imagine her being that old. It's strange to imagine since she was so young when she died.
Secondly, I realised a while back that I was getting down to the last few pairs of socks that Mum had bought me. Every Christmas she'd buy me a few pairs, sometimes plain but more often they'd have a pattern or picture - this was back when socks only really came in plain colours for women (novelty socks were for men, at Christmas or birthdays).
Anyway, today another pair came to the end of their life as my big toenail finally wore through. Not sure if I can bear to part with them, might ask Abi to make them into a sock monster for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment