Thursday, June 07, 2012
Reading
As I think I've said before, despite spending a lot of time reading for my degree, I also still read novels.
It was in the second year of my undergrad degree when I was going a little crazy that my housemate, Geoff, suggested that I go back to reading non-archaeology books to give my brain a rest.
So I did, and this time I've also taken his advice.
As you'll know if you've ever visited my house, I have a lot of books, many of which I've never read.
So in having a real effort to read stuff and not buy more! And as I find it hard to decide what to read I've enlisted John to choose for me.
I have four very long shelves of novels opposite my bed, so when I'm ready for a new book John tells me which shelf and from which end (left or right) and a number.
This time it was bottom shelf, from the left, book 32 - The high deeds of Finn Mac Cool by Rosemary Sutcliff.
Before that it was Times Arrow by Martin Amis, and Mr Toppit by Charles Elton. Although I wouldn't have picked either of these (despite the fact that they are on my shelves!), it's a good way of getting me to read some of the hundreds of books that I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...

1 comment:
I suggest you start reading fifty shades of grey. It will definitely take your mind of course work :-)
Cx
Post a Comment