I don't know how long it is since I blogged, but it sure is too long!! The main reason I'm doing so now is that I've just completed my sixth Oracle SQL view and since I won't be doing anymore (hand in tomorrow), Jen suggested that I blogged.
So, here it is a blog entry! It won't say much - despite the fact that I have lots to say.
What have I been upto? mainly getting very stressed about Oracle SQL databases - to the point where I was sitting in our course leaders office sobbing and banging my head on his table - he took it rather well!
As well as the database I've also had to write a 2500 word dissertation proposal (which included a 500 word literature review - 500 words is not enough!!), a 500 word critique of another dissertation (which of course I first had to read), and a 1500 word Content Management Systems Specification.
All are completed and the deadline is tomorrow - so I can go away for the weekend with John (for my birthday) feeling good.
The last deadline for my degree course (not including my disseration) is June 1st - when I have to submit a 1500 word report comparing two methods of creating 'paths' through cultural heritage web resources, a fully functioning CMS built in Wordpress (I'm going to enjoy that bit), and 1500 words comparing Wordpress to Drupal, Joomla and Polopoly CMS.
Of course in between then and now I also have to get through my 40th birthday - but that's another matter!!
For now I'm going to bask in the joy of three more deadlines out of the way and one more step closer to having the letters MSc after my name!
(Jen says that I have to write about how I feel - which is happy at finishing the coursework and getting it done before the deadline. Actually I feel tired, but I'm looking forward to the weekend as John is taking me to Salt's Mill, then for a very nice meal in a posh restaurant, then on Sunday we are going to Studley Royal and Fountains Abbey for the day - no thinking about uni work for a whole 2 days!).
1 comment:
Great stuff :) I'm proud of the way you handled Oracle today--calmly and with the belief in yourself that you could do it, and you did! Enjoy yourselves this weekend--it's delightful that John's giving you exactly the right present at exactly the right time. Well done to you both! :)
Post a Comment