I have lots of assignments to do for uni, and as usual I'm probably ahead of many of my class mates - that's the way I work.
So yesterday I spent most of the afternoon writing an essay.....I finished at about 3.30pm and saved it to a flash drive (there was a back up in dropbox).
This morning I opened up the file to finish it off......and the fucking thing wasn't there. The flash drive was corrupted, and the back up copy was so old it was next to useless.
I cried......a lot. I wanted to phone John, I needed a shoulder to cry on and someone to tell me it would be okay. Christina was coming to stay but by that time I was upset and grouchy - so I cancelled (and I feel VERY bad about that).
I've not reconstructed the essay yet (I'll tackle that tomorrow), but I did get some stuff done for my dissertation. Jen and Liz pulled me through the day - and I thank them both for that. But it's been an exhausting 12 hours, I need to get some sleep and start a new day tomorrow - it WILL be better.
1 comment:
Sorry about losing your work. Awful when stuff like that happens. Last year, lightening struck my house when I was on vacation and fried out every single electronic device inside. I lost EVERYTHING. Bloody lucky the whole house didn't burn down. Keep your chin up, tomorrow's another day!
Post a Comment