One of the great things about living in a city is having access to different cultures and nationalities. Sheffield has a bit Chinese population, and therefore there are various shops and supermarkets that sell oriental products.
Often I have no idea what some of these things, many do have the name of the food in English, but then I wouldn't know what the hell to do with them!! Jen helps with some of them, her Mum is Korean so she can identify the Korean stuff and knows what to do with some of the other items.
Jen and I have found a wonderful little hidden shop/cafe not far from the university. It sells all kinds of packets of food, but also hot (and cold) steam buns (yum!!) and cakes. There is a table and two chairs upstairs for coffee, or more downstairs if we really want to hide!
So, today we went in for a coffee, I had normal and Jen had something called 'Bubble tea' - which I might try another time (although I think having it hot is better than cold).
We also bought some biscuits, because the boxes were cute......but the actual biscuits were sooooooo cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment