Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dream come true

Dosh
Last night I dreamt that I'd won two competitions, the first prizes were £2000 and £5000 cash - I told a few people at Uni today but didn't think much about. I figured that it meant that my subconscious was thinking about the fact that I'm rapidly running out of money.

Tonight I got home to a letter from the tax man......the kind of brown envelope everyone dreads. I haven't done a self assessment for two years as they deemed that my business hadn't earned enough, and of course I'd been on PAYE anyway.

I opened the letter......why are these things written in such a way to be completely impenetrable?! Seven pages of the stuff.

But if I've read it right (and I do hope I have), for the last two years I overpaid, and the year before that I was on an incorrect tax code! Woohoo, the resulting repayment should allow me to finish my MSc without getting a job (if I'm really careful) - it's not as much as in my dream, but any is welcome right now.

Of course I won't believe it until I get the cheque!



No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...