Thursday, January 05, 2012

Book shopping


I was having a crap day, so instead of eating naughty food I went book shopping!  I really shouldn't be allowed in bookshops.  So, and hour later and;

One of our Thursdays is missing by Jasper Fforde
The Death of Grass by John Christopher
Fugue for a Darkening Island by Christopher Priest
23 Things they don't tell you about capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang
At Home by Bill Bryson
Geek Wisdom edited by Stephen H Segal

all came home with me....however, on the plus side all these books cost me £35 instead of £65 due to various vouchers and offers - of course, I could have not bought anything and saved £35 but that's not the point.


I was a bit disturbed to find The Count of Monte Cristo (my favourite book) described as 'for boys', and that someone thought it necessary to write a 'Sherlock Holmes for Dummies' book - on the cover it says 'Appreciate the literacy genius of the Sherlock Holmes canon' - for a start, surely the books were written by 'Conan Doyle'?........and definitely the best way to appreciate the books is to read them!


No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...