Monday, August 15, 2011

Marathon woman

This weekend I did something I never in a million years imagined I'd ever do - I did a marathon!!  Myself and about 20 other members of the team, went down to Goodwood race course on the south coast to take part in the Goodwood Roller Marathon.


It's a full marathon, 26.6 miles around the historic Goodwood race course - 11 laps in total.

We didn't all stay together as we all skate at differing speeds, and obviously had to stop sometimes - I had three stops for dealing with blisters and refuelling.  Richard and V came to watch and on my second stop, he administered plasters and jelly babies!  I can't believe I actually managed it, in 2 hours, 49 minutes and 58 seconds.


(warning - the volume is loud, I can't work out how to turn it down!)

Siege, Wendy and I ended the race together due to an accident - but it was fantastic to have some others on the team to cross the line with!


Postscript: my times for each lap
14:26.07 
14:06.57 
13:39.66 
16:58.14 - stopped for sock rearrangement 
14:29.14 
15:38.19 
16:53.78 - stopped for blister management
17:45.97 - another blister management stop!
14:30.47 
14:57.06 
16:33.73 - slowed at end so as to come across the line with others.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...