I hate having to get up before the sun, and it's not often I'll do it, but I had promised Richard that I would be there to support him and take photos.
So I was up at 5.30am and along with Bob we went down to meet Richard at Wolverhampton before squeezing into his Audi to go to the Tough Guy site.
In the summer the race is called Nettle Warrior as it also involves running through a specially grown field of nettles!
Unfortunately Stuart wasn't able to do the run this time so Richard was on his own (he did mention that next time he expects me to do it!!). But the really good thing was that because he'd done the race before he was able to start at the top of the hill reasonably near the front - we could see him.
V, Bob and I managed to keep track of where he was and therefore this time I got some great photos of him. I'd stupidly transferred my stuff out of my handbag and so only had one card, but this meant I couldn't blast away and had less to edit when I got home.
I think Richard found it difficult without the moral support from Stuart, but he did really well - despite being electrocuted by the tentacles near the end.
Bob and I were exhausted by the time we got back to Sheffield, I hate to think how Richard felt!!








No comments:
Post a Comment