Yesterday day I met a dinosaur, and she was lovely! Not that I mean dinosaur in a derogatory way, more in the way of something or someone that I really thought to be long extinct - especially in the days of council cuts.
I had a meeting in NE Derbyshire council's offices in Chesterfield, and just before the meeting, in the corridor I met a PROPER tea lady! With a trolley, an urn and cups and saucers!!
I thought such people had ceased to be employed years ago, but the nice lady told me she's been there for 20 years! And today at Barnsley council I mentioned the tea lady and was informed that they have one too!
I'm sure they are a nice thing to have, keep up moral if someone comes round very few hours with a cuppa, but surely they can't be value for money? Not that I want to see anyone out of a job, and heaven knows I like my tea; but is this a vital council service? Is it a good use of council tax money? Actually now I think about it - who cares, tea ladies are wonderful things!
No comments:
Post a Comment