Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keeping in touch


We lead busy lives, with work taking up more time than id like, and I have lots of other things I do in my spare time (skating, charity work, etc).

So most of the time I find the best way to keep in touch with people is via social networking (Facebook and Twitter) or email. This means that friends we either don't have access or choose not to get involved, I find more difficult to keep in touch with.

I'm trying to make more of an effort, so when I bumped into my ex-EH colleague Jon at a conference last week I was really pleased to see him, it had been about a year!

Tonight we met up for a lovely Moroccan meal at 'Otto's' restaurant in Hunter's Bar.

It was lovely to catch up with what he's been doing, mainly working and going underground. But also to get the gossip and lowdown on what is happening within EH (many people are being made redundant or are at risk).

The food was lovely and I'll certainly be taking John there at some point.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...