Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy

be happy
It may not last, and I'm certainly not taking it for granted, but I'm happy.

Happier than I've been for a long time, I might even go so far as to say contented.

John and I have settled into a life together, he stays at my house 2 or 3 nights a week, and every other weekend - giving us both some space to work, but also meaning that when we are together it's special. We aren't getting married, my choice, but I know we will always be together. we've been together over three years, some of them the most difficult times of my life, and I'm sure that our love continues to grow (even if it doesn't seem so to observers!).

The roller derby has given me new friends, exercise and a community that I love. I also think that the exercise helps with my pms, which is great. I take minimum skills soon, then the really hard training starts.

Work is good, I love giving the presentations, and I feel so privileged to have a job, and one that I can do from home (which is very important to me). Although the admin and head office interference drive me potty, they are a small price to pay for the salary and the freedom that I get in return!






No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...