Yesterday was the National TV awards, with prizes for presenters 'Ant and Dec' and shows such as 'I'm a celebrity'. I'm not going to comment on the quality or otherwise of the programmes as I've not seen them, but one thing did catch my ear when it was reported in passing on the radio this morning....
The main award for most popular drama went to 'Waterloo Road', again a programme I've never seen. But WHY was one of the Chilean miners chosen to present the prize??!
Presumably he was paid for his appearance? Why? He even got a standing ovation from the audience .......why? (don't get me wrong, they went through something terrible, and survived against the odds, but really?)
Has the UK run out of Z list celebrities, have we got to the sad point that anyone who has been on the news becomes a celebrity? People do not need to have a skill or talent to be famous (the answer has been yes to that for sometime unfortunately), just to have 'been on telly'.

No comments:
Post a Comment